Satellite
  • Day 4

    Rise of the Resistance - The Ride

    January 26, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 57 °F

    The ride is pretty amazing. The "sets" are quite impressive, but overall, it's not going to be my favorite of the park.

    The amount of work and attention to detail is astounding, but the flow of the ride is a bit disjointed. So many mini-sections where you start and stop. It also tries to be a few other rides at the same time. Taking the drop from Tower of Terror, taking the simulator feel from Star Tours, but in the end, it seems to fail to deliver the best of those elements.

    Fun, yes, and I would have been really disappointed to have missed out on it, but I'm glad we are done and I don't have to work hard to try and get to ride it again :-)

    Pro tip for Kara and her crew. When attempting to get into a Boarding group, be sure to use the cell connection on the cell phone, not the park Wi-Fi. Since everyone is trying at the same time, they not only go fast but it just can't handle all the people trying to connect at the same time. Lesson learned for us, but thankfully, Brenda was able to work some magic and wrangle a pass at just the right time!!!
    Read more