Satellite
  • Day 37

    Flying home

    August 13, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    We got back to the airport with plenty of time to spare. The TSA guy who checked our boarding pass before we got to the scanner lanes was hysterical. He totally deadpanned that he needed to see ID from the kids. When Franklin couldn't produce anything beyond his debit card the agent told him to spell his name backwards as proof of identity. He really had Franklin going for a sec. Very funny. The TSA agent manning the scanner asked if we had Pokémon cards. We said Magic and he gave us the thumbs up.

    We got a quick dinner, called Kha and played card games for a bit. Then, we boarded the flight right on time, all sitting together. Of course Dax got the middle seat!

    The flight was incredibly short, under 5 hours, and none of us slept except Franklin for literally the last five minutes before we touched down - a move completely in character for him!

    We got a cab home and here we are safe and sound.

    An amazing trip - memories for a life time.

    And the most surprising twist ending - A couple of days ago Kha started texting me pictures of camper van conversion ideas. So there may be more of this to come.

    Thanks to all who read this far and for all the love and kindness shown to us. It has been a great ride.
    Read more