Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Halifax, Lunenberg, Peggy’s Cove

    June 29, 2022 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Halifax was a beautiful city. When we first arrived we went to the Pier 21 where we saw the wall of immigrants that came (including Rosangela’s grandfather. It was very nice to see this.
    We then walked around in the port area of Halifax. The weather at this time of the year was a little chilly but still very nice. The first night we ate at McKelvies where we had an excellent dinner with lots of seafood and coconut rice.

    The next day we went to Lunenberg. It was a cute little place: we ate outside on a terrasse where we had oysters and tacos under a parasol. We saw the blue nose taking off. But aside from that there wasn’t much else to do so we went to Peggy’s cove.

    Peggy’s Cove was breathtaking. It just looks like a lighthouse but as you get closer you see that it sits on rocks that lead to the ocean. We carefully walked our way to the ocean for some beautiful views.

    The next day we ate at the Bicycle restaurant where we had mussels and more seafood! It was very nice. As a snack earlier in the day we ate some sushi at the Fire-something restaurant where you sit around a fire pit (well fire table I guess).
    Read more