Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Tourists in Paris

    February 23 in France ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    Today we hit some of the really touristy spots. Of course everything was just close enough to walk to.
    We started at Parc Monceau and the Cimetière des Errancies where many of the people guillotined during the French Revolution were originally buried. The only thing left is the plaque commemorating the 1,119 heads that rolled.
    A stroll in the nearby park, then off to the Arc de Triomphe. Much larger than we thought it would be. Lots of decorations and details.
    A quick stop at the Flamme de la Liberté, a copy of the actual flame found atop the Statue of Liberty in NY which happens to be located above the entrance of the tunnel where Lady Diana died 1997.
    Then a visit to the home of Ratatouille in the vast underground sewers of Paris. We were pleased to come across this hidden gem of a museum.
    Close by is the Eiffel Tower (can’t go to Paris and not visit the Eiffel Tower). Even though it was fenced off and closed due to a strike (no not the tractor one), it was still impressive.
    Then on our way back home we walked down Avenue Montaigne where all the really, really expen$ive $tore$ are: Armani, Prada, Dior, Vuitton, Channel, Gucci and more.
    All an all, we walked over 17 km today.
    Read more