Satellite
  • Day 1

    Panama City Panama

    January 4, 2020 in Panama ⋅ ☀️ 88 °F

    For us, Panama City was all about warming up and eating good food. We had a condo with a pool and we're in a neighborhood with lots of ethnic restaurants. We had already seen a lot of the major sites eight years ago and we're content with just walking around after laying by the pool and finding new ethnic restaurants. Panama City is quite Cosmopolitan and there's a massive amounts of money flowing into the city because of the canal.

    There are dozens and dozens of 25 to 40 story condo and apartment buildings. A lot of them have empty units from foreign investors or vacation homes for rich foreigners. The skyline has changed a lot in the past 8 years.

    One of the big improvements since we were last here is the subway system. Panama City has the only Subway in all of Central America. It's clean and efficient and super cheap. can you imagine traveling all the way across a major city underground for $0.35? They just added a second line and they plan on adding two more lines over the next 20 years. Soon they will make a connection to Tocumen airport which will make it pretty convenient to get to the city.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/C8EFakFrDq3Xzj5WA
    Read more