Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Salt Lake City

    May 20, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We began our day with a ”grab and go” breakfast from the hotel. The breakfast was a nice surprise as most hotels don’t serve breakfasts due to corona. We had a quick stop at the petroglyph park close by and then we continued our journey. During the trip we stopped in Beaver to have a look at the courthouse. We also planned to go to a little piece of desert called Little Sahara recreation area, but unfortunately it was raining and the park fee was too expensive for a quick visit so we decided to not go. On our way we passed a lot of poor areas far from civilization. We were running low on fuel and the nearest gas station was far away. Luckily, we made it to a bigger town where we could fill up the tank and our stomachs. By the time we got to Salt Lake City it started raining heavily. It was insane to drive on the 12-lane freeway towards the city center as it was very crowded with people not caring about speed limits or traffic rules in general. When we finally got to our motel we checked in and unfortunately quickly noticed that the area next to the motel was filled with weird people walking around as well as sketchy places. We had an awaited dine-in dinner at Denny’s and after this we had a quick drive around the city before we went back to the motel to have an early night. Tomorrow we’ll check out the rest of the city and on Friday we’ll continue our journey.

    Today’s trip from Saint George to Salt Lake City was about 6h and we drove around 550km in total.
    Read more