Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Elko

    May 25, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    After a lazy morning we went to a gas station to fill up our tank before continuing our trip. However, when we went in to the gas station to prepay for the fuel, the employee at the counter replied with a simple ”I’m sorry, we’re out of gas.” This didn’t surprise only us but also all the other customers at the gas station as a mumble of ”Huh? What? You don’t have gas?” appeared. After 5 months in the U.S. we weren’t really shocked as we have also experienced for example that the post office had run out of stamps (we got the last 7)..
    Anyways, after filling up our tank we enjoyed 20 degrees and sun while driving up and down the mountains to get to Idaho Falls where we had our lunch. We only had one other stop for fuel and another one when we took a quick drone shot in the Nevada desert before arriving in Elko and our motel for the night. The town and all motels look like they already had their best days years ago. However, we had a really good take-away dinner from a Chinese place nearby (”dinner for two” that could feed at least 4).
    In total today’s trip took about 8h and we drove around 620 km.
    Tomorrow: Susanville.
    Read more