Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Santa Barbara, Malibu, Long Beach

    June 2, 2020 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    On the last day of our roadtrip, our first stop on the schedule was Santa Barbara. It was a very nice and sunny day and quite hot. We had some very good burgers with sweet potato fries in the center of Santa Barbara - a cute city with good vibes and a nice city center. After a quick shopping break we continued towards Malibu. The beach houses there were really impressive and showed us the wealth of the people living there, with a nice ocean view and exclusive accesses to the beach. No wonder, that many celebrities have a house in this area. We stopped at Point Dume to take a picture of a filming location of Planet of the apes (which was not easy to reach). Not sure about the rules of the curfew which was set for 6pm in Los Angeles and Long Beach, we left Malibu at around 5:30pm. Fortunately, we had no problems to get back home to Long Beach. As we drove through Long Beach, it was quite empty in the streets though and we saw a lot of police cars (also unmarked cars) and the national guard. After such a long trip we were happy to be back again, to stay at one place and finally wash our clothes. We finished the day with pasta and enjoyed to not have to get up early again the next day.
    We are very very glad that we did this roadtrip. We saw so many beautiful places, escaped the stress of corona, had good experiences and had a nice time all in all.
    For the fact nerds:
    - Days on the road : 15
    - Distance traveled: 4080 Miles (6566km)
    - Hours spend on driving: +80hrs
    - States traveled through: 6 - California, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Wyoming
    - Photos taken: too many
    - Fun factor: 105%
    - Experiences: priceless
    Read more