Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Times Like These

    August 14, 2018 in England ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    There has been an incident on the bridge by the Parliament. A motorist has zigzagged across the road on the bridge into cyclists. Thankfully no one has been killed but the bridge is in shutdown this morning. We are off to tower bridge this morning to take photos and have a wander around. Hopefully there is a coffee in it somewhere. Ollie has the squirts today,Michael seems to have them everyday. Travel seems to change everyone’s bowels. When we finally left for our trip to London on the ninety one bus,Ollie was definitely not himself. This was soon proved when he vomited on the bus. Luckily someone had left a newspaper on the bus and this was used as a receptacle. The morning for Ollie must have been a nightmare as we had to find a toilet too. It was decided to take him home,as it was cruel to keep him walking around London.

    Michael was our saviour and he volunteered to take Ollie on the long trek home. Tabby, Audrey and I carried on to meet Mark Thorburn. We met Mark for lunch at a food hall near the Elephant and Castle and Tabby was able to catch up on all his family and theatre news. He is a jolly man who would not be out of place in a Billy Bunter movie. He was recalling his and his wife Sandy’s luck in winning a trip to Brisbane with Qatar airlines, premium class no less. After lunch we crossed the road to the Southgate theatre. The Toro cheerleading squad from Rancho Carne High School in San Diego has got spirit, spunk, sass and a killer routine that's sure to land them the national championship trophy for the sixth year in a row. But for newly-elected team captain Torrance, the Toros' road to total cheer glory takes a shady turn when she discovers that their perfectly-choreographed routines were in fact stolen from the Clovers, a hip-hop squad from East Compton, by the Toro's former captain. The show was lively,fun full of energy and Audrey loved it as did Tabby and I.

    After the show we headed back to Crouch End on the tube. The tube was packed to capacity with commuters leaving the city. It was so hot and bodies were crushed against each other. Audrey looked so tiny with all the people crammed around her. Alighting at Kings Cross we were soon crossing the road and catching the 91 bus home. Ollie was much better and Michael as usual was being Masterchef cooking up a storm. Unfortunately Tabby and I were not hungry but I made the effort to eat as he had done such a good job. It was then repacking for our trip back to Coventry. We did watch an interesting programme called In the Factory which gave the viewer an insight into how Tikka Masala was made,bottled and shipped all over the world. An early night followed. Goodnight diary.
    Read more