Satellit
Visa på kartan
  • Dag 33

    Day 31 Plitvice National Park

    1 oktober 2023, Kroatien ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We had booked our tickets a few days ago for 9am, so that’s when we were at the entrance and ready to go. We had decided to take the shuttle to the top of the park and work our way down so it was a 1km walk to the first shuttle, and we were at the top at around 10am. People do recommend starting from the bottom, but then we would have needed to walk up hill a lot more, and Trisha is still not well so doesn’t have maximum energy levels and I am just a bit slack lol.

    I have been to the park before and had my first day in brilliant sunshine, and the 2nd day in the thickest falling snow I have ever been in, so it was a memorable experience. Today was a bit different with the autumn colours and was a lovely fine day though a bit cool in the morning. We had a great time taking pics and looking at the amazing views. The lakes were very still so the reflections were lovely and there were many many waterfalls. For the first few hours we didn’thave that many people around which was lovely. We did come across a tour guide at a popular point and he said during the summer he hated going to that part because sometimes had to wait for about a hour for 200 people to take many photos.

    We took a boat to P2 around midday and had a lovely burger and chips for lunch. Then took another boat to P3 which was a very serene experience across the quiet lake. We could see people walking the truck on either side. With these lakes you can walk down both sides, and there are a few boardwalks which cross the various lakes so you can change sides. There are a huge number of boardwalks which are about 1.2m wide and so 2 people can’t pass without taking care. When we were near the bottom and the number of people increased there were quite a few selfish people just walking in the middle, or couples that just needed to keep holding hands. I did very well to resist the urge for a sideways nudge, I wonder how many people fall into the lakes? There were some young children and older people which needed support and that was just fine. It was the ones aged around 20 that seemed to be inconsiderate, and that age would have recovered fine from a quick swim!

    So after our walk to the big waterfall, where I tested my confidence with my selfie stick held out horizontally to the cliff, we then had a big hill to climb up and reached the top around 4pm.

    We could have gone back into the park at any time that day, and sort of considered it, but after both lying down for a couple hours watching Netflix, the desire waned. We went back to the same restaurant and Trish had the pasta and I had a really nice grilled chicken dish with roasted veges. Then it was time for more lying down lol.

    We are off to Opatija tomorrow. This is the first night that even though we are moving tomorrow, we don’t have any time restrictions as all we have to do is pop our stuff into the car and drive off. That is sooo nice as opposed to planning to get to a bus or train stop and hour or so before we are due to leave. That certainly has become a bit wearying.

    So 22,305 steps and once again it was 25 degrees.
    Läs mer