Satellite
  • Day 10

    Copenhagen Denmark

    May 30, 2019 in Denmark ⋅ 🌫 13 °C

    Copenhagen May 30
    Denmark is the smallest, flattest country in Scandinavia 5.8 million people and surrounded by water. It has 6000 windmills creating 25 pc energy..very environmentally responsible. Our guide showed us a huge new facility that turns garbage to energy for the whole area of Scandinavia. The building is multi purpose...as the country is so flat. It was built on an angle so people can dive in the underground layer by the sea and ski down the angular roof or rock climb up the building.
    The country was occupied by the nazi's from 1939 to 45. Danes were known for saving 6,000 Jews during the war. They have a long history of very smart naval defense from historic times to the cold war. They say they have no resources to export so they gave free education creating a society of very bright leaders who have become leaders in corporations around the world. We visited the little mermaid at water's edge and the sites of Hans Christian Andersen. Paul remembered being there in 1972.
    Maersk the world's biggest transportation co..created a huge danish foundation that built the danish opera house designed by Larsen..in 5yrs.... 500 mill US dollars. Danish designs feature simplicity and functionality and harmony with nature. Most sustainable country..great architects..use sea water to cool and heat buildings.
    People swim at harbours...any sunny day...known as most swimmable country..
    600km bike lanes and trails...throughout Copenhagen..bikes and electric scooters everywhere.
    Following the tour we walked all over ending up at Tivoli Gardens. We all loved the historic city and vibe of Copenhagen.
    Read more