Satellite
  • Day 28

    Day 5: small forests & oceans of lichen

    June 11, 2016 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    Today I had an early start, got up at 5:30 from the sunlight. I wasn't cold in my sleeping bag, but man was it cold outside. My tent was all frosted from the outside!!
    After a lazy morning reading and letting my tent dry in the sun, I started my hike around 8am, first along a river, through forests with small fluffy trees and then eventually above the tree line. Here the long stretched climbs to the top of fjell after fjell was covered in small bushes and lichen. I also had my first rover crossing, because the bridge had not been put out yet for the summer season. All went well and my feet were thankful for the icy cool-down.
    I hit my first rain in the afternoon, but didn't get wet (more equipment love!!!). Tonight, my tent is up high on the Jammersdalshogda, but nicely protected from the wind (of which there is none ;-)), with beautiful views of Rondane national park, my next destination in a few days.

    Other than that: Haven't seen another person in over 60 hours, but I feel in good company with books or audio books from Michael Ende, CS Lewis, Joseph von Eichendorff and Richard Precht :-)
    Read more