Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    North Berwick, Is This History Repeating

    May 3 in Scotland ⋅ 🌬 11 °C

    We wake to a fairly descent day again, what's happening no rain for a couple of days?

    Today we are visiting North Berwick, will this be as bad as it's name sake or will it surprise us. We decide to park along the sea road on a spot recommended on one of our camping blogs. It's about a mile outside of the town but if we can get on we are going to bike into town. Well surprisingly enough there's a space and off come the bikes and we set off. We cycle down to the harbour and chain up the bikes ready to explore. So far so good a lovely little harbour and a hut selling fish and chips, well it has to be done, the seaside, blue skies and chips, what more could you want. They are the best chips we've ever had double fried, crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, things are looking up.

    We head off to find the High Street, looking for a pub, what's this, the High Street actually has shops in it and they're not charity shops. A nice selection of independent retailers and cafés. We decide against the pub in favour of a cuppa instead before heading back to the van. This is a very nice little town.

    On the way to our site at East Fortune we call into Drem railway station to check out the car park ready for tomorrow. Whilst looking and deciding if its ok a local comes up and recommends the next station down, he says the car park is a lot bigger and it would be a lot easier, its only about 3 miles down road . That decided we head off to pitch up for the night.
    Read more