Satellite
  • Day 192

    Masseria Giulio

    May 7, 2019 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    My hosts Ian and Lucy, together with Milli (13) and Freya (10) run this Masseria or guesthouse in Puglia where I have been workawaying for the past month. Lucy rushes back and forth between here and Brindisi in order to supplement the income during the off-season by teaching English.
    Wine, women and 5 star accommodation - with room service- create the gold standard for a workaway experience. And I got to spend all day in the pool!
    Mind you, it would have been more relaxing if the pool was full of water and we did not have to clean, wire brush, make good small holes and paint it in quick time for the summer bookings.
    The only other jobs I had time to do were to demolish and rebuild a small wall around the pool pumps, (so contractors could position their machinery to remove 130m of artesian bore piping that had a small hole in the bottom section,) and assemble a dozen pieces of flatpack garden furniture.
    The 15 year old bottle of Laphroig, for my personal consumption since nobody else drinks it, was the finishing touch to the best workaway experience to date.
    To see more photos:
    http://masseriagiulio.com/the-apartments.html
    Read more