Satellite
  • Day 22

    Shasta Lake & Reddings Motel signs

    November 22, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    Todays wake up was in beautiful sunshine ☀️
    When we saw the trailer park by light it seemed that it had a nice setting.
    Every booth was on another level, a bit elevated from your next neighbor.
    A strong morning coffee and some fresh baked croissants gave a good base for making the days plans.

    We heard a lot about nearby Shasta Lake and its hiking trails.
    Because of the season we hoped it was good for a lonely track.
    So a short drive later (around 10 miles) we parked the van as the only vehicle at a forest parking spot and started the trail.
    A rocky trail, not that easy but big fun to walk.

    The path went downhill and after half an hour we arrived the bank of the lake.
    An amazing landscape was infront of us!
    Shasta Lake has highly jointed boothes which gives the lake a special appearance.
    Around every corner you find another beautiful view.

    All in all we had a tuff hike for about 4 hours, only thing was that the last mile leading back to the parking has to be walked up directly on the road.
    There was no traffic there but as the ending of such a great experience it wasn`t not that nice.

    Our van was still the only car which showed that we where really in a quite month....

    The afternoon and early evening we spent in Redding.
    A city which doesn`t offer too much highlights (the main shopping area was complete under renovation) but we quickly figured out that Redding has a bunch of old historic motels.
    So we used the blue hour of the evening for taking pictures of vintage motel signs.

    At days end just a half glass of wine was necessary to fell asleep very quickly.....
    Good Night 😴
    Read more