Satellite
  • Day 58

    Day 58 - Koh Chang - White Sand Beach

    November 6, 2017 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Best day ever. Koh Chang is huge - the third largest island in Thailand. There are several beaches surrounding the island. We are staying on Bangboa Beach on the southern part of the island, which is beautiful and desolate and popular with long-stayers and hippies. It is great here - the sand is soft and white, the food is amazing, the people are so friendly, and our bungalow is perfect. But there's not too much to do so we decided to venture away for the day. The most popular and most beautiful beach on the island is White Sand Beach, on the northwest coast of the island. We didn't stay here because it is supposed to be incredibly touristy and crowded. But after visiting and seeing how beautiful the beach is, it would have actually been a nice place to stay. It's kind of like the 7-mile beach in Negril, Jamaica, without the annoying hustlers and hip hop music blaring from the spring break beach resorts. And there's really not all that many people. We could've stayed forever.

    We were going to rent a scooter to get to the other side of the island but after seeing how crazy steep the jungle roads were after the ride to our scuba pool session, we decided to take a taxi. We got there right after breakfast and spent the entire day and evening at the beach. We swam and drank coconuts with rum and beers and ate so much seafood - scallops and garlic shrimp and a spicy white snapper. We had so much fun. After dinner, we took the long taxi ride home. Now it's time for a good night's sleep before our final day and scuba trip.
    Read more