Satellite
  • Day 7

    Day 5 - Seclin/ La Scene

    October 9, 2019 in France ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    Today was a very short drive. The day started with breakfast consisting of cold cuts, jams, croissants, and an omelette. We then drove only about an hour to Seclin. We walked around a shopping mall and went to a huge grocery store. They had literally everything including every cheese you could imagine. Unfortunately my limited French abilities didn’t get me too far and many don’t speak English.

    One thing that blew my mind was half the store was wine and European beer, especially Belgian. In the other side of the coin they had like five sodas. Coke, Diet, Dr. Pepper, and knock offs. Plus all the potato chip flavors were different.

    The gig was at a smaller restaurant. We got there early and met the club owners. They were very traditional French people and they even initiated faire la bise. We setup around 6:30 and our showtime was at 9:45. People eat dinner late there. So we sat around upstairs for awhile then ate dinner. They served us Coq du Vin with French fries and salad. Wasn’t a huge fan. The chicken was small and mostly bones.
    After the meal they gave us coffee. Usually you get a small cookie or something with it but here they had these miniature chocolate covered marshmallows. Not bad!

    We were supposed to start at 9:45 but it got pushed back to 1030 I believe. We played and the crowd was extremely subdued and didn’t understand a word of English for the most part. Not really our crowd. I thought my playing was pretty good at least.

    After the gig we packed up and drove back. Google took us to a dirt road which took us 15 minutes to get through because of the trailer. We got back then I hung out in the room which was super small and smelled funny.

    Today we go to Essen, Germany. Schnitzel time!!!
    Read more