Satellite
  • Day 9

    Day 7 - Altenberge/Rattschänke Bornemann

    October 11, 2019 in Germany ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Today we didn’t do anything but hang out until the gig. It was around five or so we left and got to where we were playing (an old beer hall). It was raining a bit. Outside we met Fabian, the local pianist who was hosting us. We got set up and inside there was a super beautiful old stage to the right, and right in front was the new bandstand. We sound checked and Fabian played. Great player.

    We ordered food. I got something called Zigneurschnitzel I believe it was called, or schnitzel with gypsy sauce. It’s a paprika based sauce with tomatoes and onions I believe. It is super reminiscent of sweet and sour sauce. It came with a small salad and French fries with mayonnaise. I’m not a huge fan of the salads here. They use a mayonnaise kind of dressing and it’s not great.

    This was another case of not much to drink. Beer and various beer cocktails, wine, two sodas (Coke and Coke Zero; they’re not a huge diet fan here), and various waters differing in carbonation level. They also had 7-up but that’s for the radlers.

    The gig itself was really fun. There were a lot of people. We played the whole night with Fabian on piano which was awesome. We even had Christian play a couple songs on piano. He was one of the guys who spent time with us at the chicken place in Münster.

    The sets were super short, two 45s. So the night was over early. We packed up and went back to Thomas’s. There we are Toffiffee and some kind of chocolate candy with Rice Krispies. I then went to sleep instantly.

    Oh, for some reason my phone didn’t save my picture of the food. So I included a stock photo.
    Read more