Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 44–49

    Sedona, Flagstaff, AZ

    16. toukokuuta, Yhdysvallat ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Hey friends!

    I have to tell you about my incredible trip to Sedona! The place is breathtaking with its stunning white limestone and vibrant red iron formations. We spent a lot of time mountain biking in the Coconino National Forest, which was both exhilarating and challenging. It demands serious strength, balance, and coordination. I was completely wiped out after our rides!

    We also visited Red Canyon, a fascinating cultural site. There's a story of a man who homesteaded there for about 20 years, cultivating pecan, walnut, and persimmon trees. Another highlight was hiking to a vortex energy spot, considered holy, with spectacular views.

    In the late '60s and early '70s, hippies, artists, and renegades moved to Jerome, AZ, drawn by cheap land and the mystical vortex energy of the holy rocks.

    Sedona is known for its sacred red sandstone formations, believed to contain concentrated energy and electromagnetic intersections. Specific locations where people feel the energy intensely include Airport Mesa, Cathedral Rock, Bell Rock, and Boynton Canyon. The red-orange rock color is highly stimulating, contributing to Sedona's unique energy and its regenerative effects.

    My bike's suspension broke, but it gave me a chance to relax at a cool bike café. Meanwhile, Theo tackled the difficult "Cathedral" MTB trek. Yesterday, I nearly peed my pants riding down Mescal with its slick rock, cacti on one side, and a steep drop on the other. But the views were worth every bit of the adrenaline rush. We hiked up the cathedral in the evening to catch the beautiful sunset. On the way up, I climbed a rock, and someone called me brave. I just thought, "piece of cake." 😁

    We did a multi-pitch climb at Wilson Canyon and enjoyed an amazing view of Old Creek Canyon. The weather is nice and breezy. We also did some cool climbs in Sandy's Canyon at "the Pit". There's a ton of climbing around Flagstaff, the epicenter of the Northern Arizona scene. The Pit, a.k.a. Le Petit Verdon, Arizona's first venture into sport climbing in the '80s.

    There was breezy weather with mini tornado and some snow at our MTB trail at 9000 feet at the San Francisco mountians in Flagstaff area. Lots of Aspern trees here, looks bit spooky and also feels like it when you ride through with noises of birds around. Once you out of the forest there is nopre sound.

    Next, we want to see the Grand Canyon and Monument Valley before leaving Arizona. Think this is a must.

    Enjoy the pics & Talk to you soon 😊
    Lue lisää