Satellite
  • Day 8

    When in Rome...

    May 8, 2018 in Italy ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    We were rudely awakened at 7am and given bread rolls, butter and a drink for breakfast (could do with some flavour). Leah and I being the top bunks couldn’t even sit up straight so we sat with our heads at an angle on the ceiling trying to eat.

    We got into Venezia Mestre at 8.12am and it was a quick change to our final train which would take us to Rome. Now on the train we could finally feel comfortable as the seats and the train were nicer than the overnight one. Our train got delayed during the journey and so we arrived in Rome an hour later then scheduled at 1.10pm.

    After figuring out the Italian metro system we found our way to the metro station we had been told to get off at and then proceeded to wander to what we thought was the apartment. Stood outside what we thought was our apartment I suddenly realised we had walked to number 23 not 233 😂 (silly Jess typing the wrong number) A short walk back to basically where we started and the owner was stood outside waiting to give us the key.

    We were all exhausted by this point and so to get some energy back we all had a refreshing shower and relaxed in our room for a few hours watching the rain pour outside and listening to the thunder.

    The heavens have well and truly opened but nothing stops us, the three musketeers, from getting to a restaurant for food! We found a pizzeria where we had some delicious Italian cuisine and I had the nicest glass of prosecco I’ve ever tasted 😁🥂🍾 Italians know how to make pizza 👌🏻 it was AMAZING!!! The owner gave us free shots of limoncello to finish off our night.

    Once finished we literally had to swim back to our apartment as it was that flooded already. My choice of footwear (sandals) was perfect as I could just walk straight through the flood :) Once back in our room we decided to get an early night so that we were all ready and awake to see the sights of Rome tomorrow 😁.
    Read more