Satélite
Exibir no mapa
  • Dia 65

    Cape Tribbin

    15 de março de 2018, Austrália ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Went on Uncle Brian's Cape Tribbin tour. So after a 7:30 pick up, we drove to Port Douglas, here we had tea coffee and cake. We had two options while we waited around. Go for a swim inside the netted area, or go for a walk. So first I went for a quick swim, however, the water wasn't that great, so I got out and went for the walk.
    At the first viewpoint I managed to spot a turtle twice. I walked on for a bit, but as it didn't seem there were more viewpoints I went back.
    Next up was a long drive to Cape Tribulation, at Cape Tribulation, here we had half an hour to check out the beach. You can't swim there as you will either be eaten by crocodiles or stung to death by jellyfish. So instead we had a delightful lunch at PK's.
    We left our lunch place and drove to Mason's swim hole, it's a small clear water creek the crocodiles can't navigate as it's to shallow. It was a great swim where we climbed vines, and enjoyed the fresh cool water.
    We now went back to the ferry that brought us into the Daintree Rainforest as we had a crocodile cruise in the afternoon, on the way we saw a Cassowary for a split second.
    On the way to Belchers Daintree River cruises we had a movie and series theme music quiz, our team did really well with 12 of 16 but another team got 14 so they were the clear winners.
    The crocodile cruise delivered on a high level. We got to see Scar Face the dominant male in the area, 60 years, 5 meters, and 1 tonnes. We also saw Lizzie and her 5 days old babies, and a few other smaller crocodiles.
    We also got to see a male darter sitting on a tree until he was agitated enough to fly away.
    Leia mais