Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    Around Athens - part 2

    November 1, 2018 in Greece ⋅ ☁️ 23 °C

    We had to change some of our plans due to Brad’s vertigo and ended up staying in Athens for six nights instead of the planned four. Because we were unable to extend our original booking we had to stay elsewhere for our first two nights and today we were moving to our original booking. With check out times and check in times to consider we spent the morning exploring the area behind our accommodation. It is very interesting to see the different sides of Athens and we enjoyed our morning stroll.

    While waiting to check into our apartment we decided to try the local waffles with banana and Nutella and we have to say it was very sweet and really not as enjoyable as we thought it would be. It looked good though. We were joined for brunch by a family of cats and they did enjoy some of the ice-cream from our plates.

    We finally got to check into our apartment for the last four nights of our trip and we were very impressed. Considering the entrance was a battered door covered in graffiti in the middle of the markets we were a bit unsure as to what to expect. I think the thing that surprised me the most, besides the weird mannequin at the top of the steps, was the shower situation. Basically, the toilet was in the shower area and I wasn’t impressed, until I had my first shower that is. Best shower of the whole trip, great pressure and warm water – perfect. Our apartment is wonderful and one of the best we have stayed in when it comes to amenities and location. It is a great place to enjoy our last four days before we make the trip home.
    Read more