Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Hi di hi!

    May 15 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    We slept for an extra hour, having lost it yesterday, and so left later than usual. Today was a 20km day, most definitely! After a lovely Spanish breakfast (freshly squeezed orange juice and tostada with jamon and queso), we got on our way. It was already quite late, but it didn't matter, it was only 20km!
    A walk up and out of A Guarda took us to a rocky headland, which was absolutely stunning. The waves were pretty fierce but the sun was shining and we were doing well. Neither of us had worn our waterproof trousers, but had them handy, just in case... (yesterday's 'light' showers were far from it😱). Well, the time came to put them on, and thank goodness we did - the rain lashed down and the wind blew. We had a great time trying to get our trousers on without the wind blowing them, or us, away 😂. Honestly, it was amazing and absolutely spectacular, but a massive pain to walk in! Still, we soldiered on and on and on... there was almost nothing to stop for until we reached Oia, 15km away. No wonder our feet were killing us! We'd had no option but to carry on walking because there was nowhere to stop in the rain. Not the nicest day for walking!
    We stopped at the small Ermita de San Sebastian, just before Oia, and Julie lit a candle for Nigel 🥰. It was good to take the weight off our feet and sit quietly, remembering.
    It had started raining again then, so we walked as quickly as our poor little feet could carry us into Oia, where we found a sandwich for lunch.
    It didn't take long for us to convince ourselves that a bus or taxi to our accommodation at Mougas Camping was a pretty good idea. It was only supposed to be 6.5km... well, after a taxi ride of at least 10km, we finally arrived. No, we're not camping! We have a small room with a balcony and the most amazing view!
    Vigo tomorrow, but that's nearly 40km and I think I'd cry if I had to do that, so we're walking as far as we want (probably to Nigrán, about 20km away) and taking a bus.
    The boys arrive tomorrow and I don't know who's in for the greatest shock...😱😂😘
    Read more