Satellite
  • Day 2

    Bogotá - graffiti tour

    May 15, 2015 in Colombia ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Yesterday a guy in the hostel told me about a tour he had done. It was all about graffiti in La Candelaria, but they also have you some tips about that part of the city, so me and some other people decided to go.
    I never imagined that there was such a lot of graffitis all over the town, it's literally everywhere! That's because in Bogotá many landowners allow the street artists to do there art on their walls, some even hire them, and even if artists get catched doing illegal graffiti, they only get a ticket worth the one for illegal parking. For those reasons, street artists from all over the world come to the city to paint.
    The tour was really good and we saw a lot of the city center. It could only have been better if it wouldn't have rained all the time :D
    For lunch we went to a “Mexican“ restaurant... But apart from the names of the dishes, the food had nothing to do with the Mexican one. In my Pico de Gallo wasn't even chili!
    In the afternoon we visited the Gold Museum and a gallery of Colombia's most famous artist Botero, which tends to paint a lot of really fat people and "espacios muertos" (dead spaces) - with or without melon.
    Read more