Satellite
  • Day 45

    Can't get enough

    September 20, 2021 in Slovenia ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    As usual, things did not go as planned this afternoon. And as usual, we were lucky they didn't. After our morning kayak school, Julia and I thought to get in some hiking to the mountain lake Krnska Jezero. Upon suggesting Matej to join us, he proposed to do some chill flat water kayaking from lake Most na Soči a small piece along a smoother section of Soča river and the much warmer Idrijca river. Of course we were in!

    On our way there Matej stopped at (or rather - passed and then went back to) Trnovo, a little village halfway to Tolmin. He told us that he wanted to show me something and that Julia should stay in the car. Only when he brought me to a tiny little outdoor shop I realized that he had remembered me saying that I wanted to get Julia a present for her birthday the next day, but had no idea how to do so without her noticing. We then picked up some kayaks from a friend of Matej's (after crossing the narrowest bridge I have ever seen with his van - there were like 5 cm of room to each side).

    Once in Most na Soči, we only had to do a little "jump" into the lake and on we went to a nice and chill paddling afternoon. We even found some awesome deep water solo spots that I definitely want to try out at some point!
    Read more