Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    Tokyo Shopping Day

    April 16 in Japan ⋅ 🌬 23 °C

    We all slept in and hit the road mid morning. The boys requested a trip to Tokyo Dome which is the home ground of the Tokyo Giants baseball team. They have a huge following in Japan.

    I wanted to buy an authentic team cap so we needed to get to the shops at the stadium. Right beside the dome is a rollercoaster ride that looks scary. It hadn’t started to operate by the time we left the area. The girls found a shopping centre to keep themselves occupied (surprise surprise).

    Next stop was further down the subway line to fine a place called “A Happy Pancake”. Not easy to find but the food was great. Savoury and sweet was on offer. Light and fluffy.

    We all went our own way so Sharon and I explored the Sunshine City shopping precinct which was popular with young people.

    At one point we noticed a “Piglet + Cafe” and before you know it we were inside nursing piglets for 30 minutes. It was hilarious. Sharon was very popular and had 8 on her lap all jockeying for prime spot to take a nap. Every so often another piglet would walk up and bite the others. They squeal and protest and then it all settles down again. What a funny experience.

    Long subway ride back to base and tonight we have booked to go up the world’s tallest view tower.

    Sky Tree tower is 450 metres tall and gives a 360 view of Tokyo. At night it is even more special. There were big crowds so you just have to be patient. So many picture opportunities. We were all very impressed.

    Another long day. Sleep well tonight.
    Read more