Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    🥤beach

    February 25 in India ⋅ ☀️ 30 °C

    Today we woke up early to head to Palolem first thing in the morning! But we should elaborate: waking up early in Agonda means 7.45😉
    Palolem is about 30 minute car drive away from Agonda and it is a bit bigger and busier. After taking a dip in the water on Palolem beach we met a talkative and friendly German girl Nina! She is a lone traveler who also recently attended an Indian wedding! After a brief conversation we invited her to join us for Cola beach where we went later in the day.
    An important mission of the Palolem visit was also SOUVENIR SHOPPING, so after chilling in the beach we quickly went to some nearby shops and explored our options. Of course, nothing in these shops has a fixed price, so we tried to bargain as much as we could - and bought some cool stuff!
    We finished our Palolem visit with some lunch and headed back to Agonda - by tuk tuk!🛺
    Later we went to the famous Cola 🥤beach! It was recommended to us from several different people, including the bride! Our new friend Nina joined us and our “Agonda taxi driver” took us there. It is only 15 minutes away from Agonda but the road becomes very rocky at some point, so our driver rented an older car for it, so he wouldn’t ruin his newer one! The beach was beautiful, sandy, but with a few blackish reddish rocks and boulders in between. Of course, there were also dogs keeping us company and we ran in to some crabs!
    The beach was more touristy than expected, but we went a bit further away where it was emptier and the waves were smaller. We dipped ourselves in the water there for a bit, but didn’t dare to swim in it, as there were still some warning signs about the tides and big waves.
    Then the sunset time started to approach, but we still wanted to see the famous lagoon there which can only be visited by a kayak!
    So the three of us rented 2 kayaks, thinking it would be a peaceful journey through the palms on turquoise water with some nice views.
    NO!
    We sit in the kayaks and start to pedal - after a few minutes we realize this is basically Indian traffic on water! People were crashing into each other, falling in and kept getting stuck in some branches - definitely not a peaceful experience😂 Our main concern was falling into water with all our money, phones and passports! Luckily it didn’t come to that - but we were close a couple of times!
    Then we quickly pedaled back to the beach to catch the sunset - we found a quiet little spot and looked at the sun falling into the sea (again)😅 when the sun left us, we quickly headed back to the driver, who took us back home
    In Agonda we met up with Anni and her partner and decided to give Indian food another shot - we got some delicious veg thalis and chatted with the couple about Indian culture and compared it to Sweden and the Balkans! It was a delightful evening and we had a great time together.
    Read more