Satellite
  • Day 52

    Dubai, UAE#2

    October 4, 2014 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    Had a swim before afternoon tea. Missed lunch because of the big breakfast! The pool probably isn't heated but it's a perfect temp because the air temp was 36C. Excellent service yet again - as soon as we found a lounge the lifeguard came and spread out our towels. Then the attendant came with a bottle of water and glasses filled with ice and later another attendant came with cold towels. Still later the pool manager came and asked if we were OK and if he could do anything to assist us. There were very few people in the pool and it was just perfect. Afternoon tea in the Club Lounge after a rest in our room - the food was brought on a three tier stand - sandwiches, scones and cakes and all were delicious. More rest (the plane trip was starting to catch up with us) and a bath before canapes and drinks in the Club Lounge. The housekeeper came for the turndown service, went to get some items for the room and returned with a vase of lilies for me. We noticed that each time we come back into our room the curtains open automatically.
    Drinks and canapes in the Club Lounge. Once again, it wasn't too busy or crowded.

    A few shots of the pool.
    Read more