Satellite
  • Day 147

    Getting ready for graduation + dinner

    March 4, 2018 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    This day went by more quickly than anticipated - from 05:00 to 16:00 is was yoga asana practice - every student had to teach the entire group a small sequence of 10 minutes 😓 💦

    Luckily my group’s turn was at 06:00 - so it was over and done with soon and we could enjoy everyone else’s practice :-) Great to see everyone’s different style!

    The tide differences were again massive today - it’s crazy to see how quickly the sea moves in: when I watch the ocean in the morning, all ships lay on the reef - and then over the next couple of hours the high tide is swallowing everything until the afternoon/evening is low again :-) great for walks on the beach though!

    The evening was a special one as we were invited to Bertram’s surf buddy Peter who has been living on Nusa Lembongan for 8 years - really interesting to hear his perspectives on island life, the waste war in Nusa Lembongan, and living “in paradise” - where it’s obviously nice with the beaches and the ocean, as well as the simplicity of life but also keeping in mind that one is missing out on a lot of other things like cultural performances, museums, connectivity to the rest of the world... Peter enjoys one of the nicer sunsets from his place in the island mountains overlooking the bay, though :-)))))

    PS: best advertising for eating more as seen on Cenigan :-)
    Read more