Satellite
  • Day 3

    New Delhi, India

    November 20, 2018 in India ⋅ 🌙 25 °C

    We finally landed in Delhi at around 2am local time. Going through immigration was surprisingly challenging. They fingerprint all visa entrants, and Tina's fingers just would not register on the machine (maybe too skinny?) And then the guy wrote Jan 2018 as the expiration on Barry's visa instead of 2019. After we made it through, we just headed to the lounge and slept for a few hours... Had lots of time to kill before our train to Agra.

    In order to get to the train, we had to catch a cab. Our first experience with Indian traffic. It's tempting to say that the lane markings are strictly optional, but that would imply that anyone followed them at all. It was sheer madness. A random walk of cars, tuktuks, motorbikes, bicycles, people just walking across pi lanes of that kind of traffic, busses, dogs, and of course the occasional cow. I do not understand how we have not yet witnessed a single accident...

    But we made it to the train station and caught our train to Agra.

    All it took was a 14 hour flight, a 3 hour layover, a 4 hour flight, 3 hours in the airport, 40 minutes of something resembling a cab ride, a 2 hour train, and another 30 minutes of cab ride to finally make it to our first hotel.
    Read more