Satellite
  • Day 9

    Mui Ne

    April 10, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 35 °C

    Having grown accustom to the bustle of Ho Chi Minh, the Mui Ne vibe was a drastic change being located on the beach outside the city of Phan Thiet.

    The hostel I planned to stay in was referred to as a village and was the main stop for backpackers passing trough the area. The hostel was great fun and had a lovely pool to lounge by as well as activities on each night.

    My highlight of Mui Ne would have to be the sand dunes trip. It was one of the best days since I've begun my travels. 10 of us got picked up from the hostel in a jeep and headed to the first stop which was the Fairy Stream. It was a magical place and the stream was extremely shallow, enough to be able to walk through with the red dunes and rocks as a back drop surrounding you. At the end of the stream was a lovely waterfall, being the water supply of the stream. Next up, we stopped at one of the harbours with countless fishing boats and locals living on the beach. The sea being so blue making it extremely scenic.
    Following on from this were the sand dunes. We were driven up to the top by a quad bike at the highest viewpoint on the dunes. It was a breathtaking view and one I will not forget. The quad bikes were an exhilarating ride and after getting back down from the dunes treated ourselves to an ice cream. It was then time for our final stop, the red sand dunes to watch the sun go down which was another breathtaking sight.

    We got back to the hostel and everyone who had been to the dunes went out for dinner at a local Vietnamese restaurant which was cheap and delicious.

    The next day was a relaxing one by the pool, soaking up some sun and enjoying the hostel. Safe to say Mui Ne was a treat.
    Read more