Satellite
  • Day 16

    Harlequins vs Newcastle Falcons

    March 25, 2017 in England ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Jonny and I got ourselves season tickets for Harlequins rugby for the second half of the season after seeing a one-off game at the Stoop. As season ticket holders we haven't seen Harlequins win yet, granted for the last 8 weeks we've had quite a few players out for national duties with 6 Nations and a crazy number of injuries.

    Today we took Toni and Philip, who I knew in the lab in Australia to watch their first game of rugby, and not did they get a great day for it!

    First of all the sun was shining, and our seats are beautifully in the sun, which was good because I was feeling bad for not telling Toni to bring lots of warm clothes to wear.

    Secondly, we had 13 players returning from 6 Nations and injury, including Danny Care, Mike Brown and Joe Marler from the England team, our new favourite Tim Visser from the Scotland team, Jamie Roberts from Wales, and Chris Robshaw and Aussie James Horwill back from injury.

    Thirdly, the scoreline was very favourable to a Harlequins supporter, the final scoreline being 53-17.

    After the game we hung around and had a drink as the sun move down behind the stadium. Toni and I had our photo taken with Tim Visser. We then had a final drink at the Cabbage Patch before catching the train back into town.

    We had a lovely dinner at Cinnamon Soho, which was Indian food with a twist. The favourite dish was called Paneer 65, paneer was cut into chips and seasoned. It was very different to how we'd had paneer before.
    Read more