Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 28

    A Turkish miracle!

    May 6 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    After a couple of days visiting Selcuk, Kusedasi, and Izmir (again), we flew to Antalya. The mountains were a spectacular sight! We were to meet our friends Kathie & Larry and the airb&b host at a hotel a block from the apt. Bob & I arrived at the airport and took the tram to old town but it was not where the hotel was! We ended up taking a taxi because the bus drivers seemed not to know their routes or how to read Google maps when I showed them where we needed to go! 🤯🤬 Meanwhile, I received a cryptic message saying Kathie & Larry had to rebook their flight from Istanbul and would arrive later. Fortunately, I had the # for the airb&b host, who didn't speak English except to say, "Text",so I did advising that K&L were late but we'd like to be let in. It was an interesting set up: we registered at the hotel, and a hotel person walked us to the airb&b down the street! After dropping our bags, we walked down to the beach and picked up drinks and snacks in anticipation of K&L's arrival. K&L arrived at the airb&b exhausted and thankful. What had happened was Larry's phone was left in a taxi at Istanbul airport so they went to the police and after a couple of hours, the police returned the phone! It's beyond belief how the police found it considering the phone was on silent and K&L had no info on the taxi! With only a phone # and Larry's passport info, the policeman tracked the phone down! Miraculous!
    By this time, they'd missed the first flight so booked another and arrived needing the snacks and a drink!
    The next day we walked the beach, took the bus into old Antalya (as it turned out the bus Bob and I could have taken upon arrival! 🤪) wandered the streets and had a wonderful meal. A good start to the shared holiday!
    Read more