Satellite
  • Day 23

    Maun

    May 29, 2017 in Botswana ⋅ 🌙 22 °C

    Out of the Kalahari! What an amazing, remote place. If you want to experience camping in Africa and feel like you are completely alone, in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by amazing scenery and wildlife, this is the place to come.
    Now in Maun for the night to re-stock food and fuel, clean up (so much sand with so little water...) and do a little maintenance on the 4x4. We also hope to get some online stuff done. We may have to upload pictures and videos for posts at different times than when we write the post depending on internet connections - bear with us!
    The other thing we're doing is thinning out some of our stuff since going from living in 1100 square feet to <100 (5 seats plus a large back area and rooftop tent) is proving challenging. Every bit of space matters and figuring out how to pack so you don't have to unpack everything every time you camp is critical. I think we've got it! We'll send some pics in the next post if we are pleased with the result...

    We head off to Moremi park in the morning for 11 days -- it's in the amazing Okavango Delta and an incredible place. We'll be camping on a river and the driving will become much more challenging as the sand is very thick and the water crossing potentially very deep.
    Read more