Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1–2

    Torquay Foreshores Caravan Park

    April 13 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    Torquay is a vibrant coastal town located at the eastern end of the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia. Here's what you can expect when visiting Torquay:

    Surfing Capital: Torquay is renowned as the surfing capital of Australia and is home to some of the country's best surf breaks. Bells Beach, located just outside of Torquay, is world-famous for its powerful waves and hosts the annual Rip Curl Pro surfing competition, attracting top professional surfers from around the globe.

    Surfing Culture: In addition to Bells Beach, Torquay boasts several other popular surf spots, including Jan Juc, Point Impossible, and Torquay Front Beach. The town is steeped in surfing culture, with numerous surf shops, surf schools, and surf-related events throughout the year.

    Great Ocean Road Discovery Centre: Learn about the history, wildlife, and natural attractions of the Great Ocean Road region at the Great Ocean Road Discovery Centre. Interactive exhibits, multimedia presentations, and guided tours provide insights into the area's geology, indigenous heritage, and maritime history.

    Beaches: Torquay is blessed with beautiful beaches suitable for swimming, sunbathing, and beach activities. Front Beach and Torquay Surf Beach are popular spots for families, while Fisherman's Beach and Cosy Corner offer quieter alternatives.

    Shopping: Torquay is a shopping mecca for surf enthusiasts, with numerous surf outlets, boutique stores, and major surf brands headquartered in the town. Visitors can shop for surf gear, beachwear, and souvenirs at outlets like Surf City Plaza and the Surf Coast Plaza.

    Golfing: Golfers can enjoy a round at one of Torquay's picturesque golf courses, including The Sands Torquay and the Torquay Golf Club. Both courses offer stunning views of the surrounding coastline and challenging layouts for players of all skill levels.

    Outdoor Activities: Torquay offers a range of outdoor activities beyond surfing, including hiking, mountain biking, and horseback riding. The nearby Anglesea Heath and the Great Otway National Park provide opportunities for exploring pristine natural landscapes and spotting native wildlife.

    Dining: Torquay boasts a diverse dining scene, with cafes, restaurants, and eateries offering a variety of cuisine options. Whether you're craving fresh seafood, international flavors, or casual beachside dining, you'll find plenty of options to satisfy your appetite in Torquay.

    Family-Friendly Attractions: Families visiting Torquay can enjoy attractions like the Torquay Foreshore Play Park, featuring playgrounds, BBQ facilities, and picnic areas overlooking the beach. The Surf World Museum provides interactive exhibits on surfing history and culture, perfect for visitors of all ages.

    Whether you're a surfing enthusiast, nature lover, or simply seeking a relaxing coastal getaway, Torquay offers something for everyone to enjoy along the iconic Great Ocean Road.
    Read more