Satellite
  • Day 7

    Coulda, Woulda, Budva!

    August 11, 2018 in Montenegro ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Getting from Shkoder, Albania to Budva, Montenegro typically involves going inland through Podgirica, but I figured it would be amazing to head immediately southwest and make our way north along the dramatic Montenegro coast instead through Ulcinj.

    Busing to Ulcinj costs 12 euros each. But I found a taxi that would do it for 35 euros and leave immediately. Pretty easy decision. By the way, this is the third border crossing we did via taxi. That's just how we roll heh. And the decision paid off as the bus ride from Ulcinj to Budva was amazingly beautiful. This entire trip has been through huge mountain chains but finally we were on the sea. -SP (to be continued)

    Arrived in beautiful Budva, and spent two hours at the beach, and watched a huge lightning storm light up the mountain chain right next to us while we baked in the sun and splashed in the warm waters.

    Wandered into the very impressive walled old town where the passage ways were narrow and only pedestrians could squeeze through the streets. Americans beware, this is not one size fits all ;)

    Had the house specialty which was an amazing octopus in a pot which we feel is the best meal we had this trip... And that's saying a lot as the food has been phenomenal. Honestly, I'm a bit sad all this amazing food at rock bottom prices is a limited time offer. Prices back home will be hard to take. We paid 50 euros for a good bottle of wine and a massive octopus feast that we came nowhere near finishing.

    Finished the night at a cool lounge outside the castle walls and staggered back to our cute guesthouse two very happy travellers. So spoiled by all the beauty and it's just too hard to even capture in photos or describe. It's overwhelming and I know we have some crazy locations still coming up. -SP
    Read more