Satellite
  • Day 8

    French Alps - Annecy

    April 21, 2016 in France ⋅ ⛅ 17 °C

    Today was spent walking around Annecy, a romantic alpine town in the French Alps with canals winding through old buildings. The water is crystal clear. We weren't so lucky with the weather today. This didn't stop the locals from taking their daily walks around Lake Annecy. We followed suit.

    The French love their dogs. Everywhere we go, we see them walking their dogs, even in the city. Apart from the crazy French driver that went ballistic when we nearly took his car out in the mountains, everyone else seems so laid-back. There is no rush. Life moves as fast as their little French bulldog and they seem to be more than content with it. A worthy lesson to learn, we think.

    And then there was that witching hour again where Flora hears nothing but the rumbling of her stomach. We headed down a cobbled path to find some food. In order to keep our budget down, we avoid the expensive restaurants and cafes and frequent boulangeries for yummy baguettes. This time, however, Aaron decided he'd get a burger from a street stall, chock full of french fries.

    We find a nice spot in the park adjacent to Lake Annecy to enjoy our lunch and the stunning view of the Alps.
    Read more