Satellite
  • Day 5

    Teatre-Museu Dalí - Figueres, Spain

    August 25, 2016 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 25 °C

    I took a train out Barcelona today to a little picturesque town called Figueres. Upon leaving the train station, I began a 20 minute walk in the summer sun. Why did I do this? I assure you it was worth it.

    My destination was none other than the Salvasore Dalí Museum and Theater. I can't really describe on paper what I went through in that vast maze of rooms, corridors, open courtyards and staircases. Everything in there, the walls, lighting, rails, stairs and even windows (including the actual art pieces as well, of course) were placed in the most perfect most calculated way and the result was the most emotion evoking, spine chilling, hair raising experience I had ever encountered due to art.

    I won't go into the details of the things that I saw there as it is not something that can truly be described. I can only express how truly regretful I am that I don't have the time or the art supplies to act upon the incredible wave of creativity that is buzzing through me and making me fingers itch for even just pen and paper. I've never felt so inspired, so filled with creativity by someone else's work. I can easily say that Dalí is now officially my favorite artist.

    One day I will come back for the sole purpose of waking up in the morning, walking through the museum for an hour or two and then sitting outside of it with my heart's desire of supplies and dimly let the inspiration fill me up and the creativity flow. When I do, it will be the freest of my work.
    Read more