Satellite
  • Lionstone Inn (motel)

    June 21, 2016 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    As you guys know there's a front coming through. Showers are predicted here in the evening. Perfect excuse to stop early. It was a tough day and I'm glad to stop. I'm at a motel in town and did a double take - no a/c! Man, I paid $99 cn for the last place (did I mention some rooms had Jacuzzis?) and $79 cn here.

    Since I stopped early I tried to make the most of it. I went to the laundromat in town. It didn't have a change machine or soap vending machine! Furthermore, there was a sign that said "regularly the water here gets brown and will ruin your clothes" and if you don't run the water in the sink it's your fault. Holey crap.

    Here's a fun part of travel. The laundry machines didn't take quarters, exactly. The small washers take "2 loonies". Looks funny on the sign. That made the roll of quarters I got was doubly useless.

    What else happened today? I can't remember. Just the wind made riding pretty unpleasant, and combined with bad sleep the day before made for a poor day. After lunch, traveling on Sunrise Drive where it was warmer and little wind, I felt way better. Now I'm waiting for these little showers to pass (the roads are already dry) and I'm going back to town to find locals to talk to.
    Read more