Satellite
  • Day 2

    Tuesday!

    August 15, 2016 in Germany ⋅ ☀️ 16 °C

    I've been meaning to write out some posts and upload some photos but the last two days we've been up and about from dawn to dusk and knackered by the time we get back to our little place.

    The first couple of days have been focused on museums and learning. The first day involved us checking out Brandenburg Gate followed by hitting up the Deutsches Historisches Museum which is a massive two-floor building that covers the whole of German history. Amazing collection; I especially enjoyed the political posters. The one I've included as photo is a Russian war propaganda poster with images of the various invasions of Russia through history with the text "We have beaten them, we are beating them, we will beat them".

    After an ice cream break in view of the lovely Berliner Dom (Berlin Cathedral), we then went to the Neues Museum which contains classical and ancient Egyptian artifacts in which we saw that famous bust of Nefertiti that we weren't allowed to take photos of (got to sell the postcards somehow I guess). We finished up (after a general wander around the neighbourhood) with some takeaway falafels.

    We then went to bed at about 9pm exhausted.
    Read more