Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    There’s no show like the airshow🛫

    March 5, 2023 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 19 °C

    On Friday and Sunday, we went to Avalon Airfield to watch the International Airshow, we watched planes do acrobatics and fly-bys, but the plane I was waiting for was the FA18F Super hornet.

    At the airshow, we saw lots of planes and here are some of them, the FA18F Super Hornet, F35A Lightning2, Hercules, Air Force Roulette, Wedgetail, Poseidon, Globemaster 3, Wing Walkers, Black Eagles and my favourite the glider with a rocket engine on it.

    My favourite aeroplane that we saw was F 18 super hornet. The F-18 is made for fighting in the military, it can go 1960 km/h and my favourite thing about it, it has bombs on the wings. At the airshow, I saw the F 18 displaying its manoeuvrability agility and raw power. When the F 18 came past we had to block our ears because it was so loud, then it would turn go straight up into the sky, dropping flares on the way.

    Friday was different to Sunday, because there was a night show, there was parachuters with flares on their feet, a rocket powered glider with flares and fireworks shooting off it, planes with lights and lasers and my favourite the great wall of fire. The commentators said it was the biggest wall of fire they’ve had since 1992, we could feel the heat from where we were sitting.

    On Sunday, we spent more time walking around and looking at displays, then we found out you can collect a free set of pins. There was a pin for each Australian aircraft and even some other cool pins. There was a couple different planes to Friday, but my favourite was the wing walkers. The wing walkers are two ladies that perform stunts on a plane while it’s flying.

    It was freezing on Friday, boiling on Sunday, I am nearly deaf from the Jets, but it was still lots of fun.
    Read more