Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 88

    04.03.2024 Indian Ocean Sea Day 1/3

    3 april, Indian Ocean ⋅ 🌙 77 °F

    Happy birthday Angie Dawn. May your day be as special and bright as you are. Love you beyond all the moon and the stars.❤️❤️ It was great to hear your voice today. We sure miss family.
    We are sailing in the Indian Ocean somewhere off the coast of Madagascar heading south to Richard’s Bay, Africa.
    The seas are super bouncy today. We are feeling the effects of Cyclone Germane which was originally heading to Mauritius when we were there but changed course. Per Captain Richard’s noon report we are experiencing Sea State of 6 which is a moderate gale, with wind to 30.5 knots, average waves of 14' (but up to 29'), the sea heaps up, and spindrift combines with froth from the breaking waves.
    Diana has a lot of catching up to do on photos but also has a few lectures she and Myron want to attend.
    At 9:30 is Guest Lecture with Mr. Douglas Field: “Boering News."
    Follow the adventures of "journalist"
    Winston Churchill during the Boer War in South Africa and the stories they generated. Diana ended up missing it and attended a bead/knot necklace class at 10:00.
    At 11:00 is Guest Lecture with Dr. Sheila K. Hoffman: “The Silk Road and the Wine Dark Seas."
    Encounter the luxury goods traded from the Far East to Africa and the Mediterranean since ancient times. Diana missed this as well as she was working on photo books.
    At 4:30 we listened to Guest Lecture with Dr. Tony Waltham:
    "Across Africa's Rift Valley to Sof Omar."
    Appreciate the vast Rift Valley in a journey across Ethiopia from Addis Ababa to the great river caves of Sof Omar.
    All three of these are new lecturers for us.
    We had dinner in the Restaurant with Carol, Jonathan and Brian.
    Myron went to listen to Lois, one of the Viking singers in the Star theatre and Diana went to bed.
    Meer informatie