Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 32

    Murren to Lake Thun

    June 6, 2018 in Switzerland ⋅ 🌧 16 °C

    Sadly we left Murren this morning to head to Lake Thun. I think I left a little bit of my heart in Murren. I may have to go back to try to find it.
    Our hotel is right on the lake. More fantastic views. We dumped our bags and hopped on a cruise up the lake, checking out the mansions on the riverbank. Lifestyles of the rich and the famous. Stopped in at Spiez for a walkaround and look at their castle, one of five on Lake Thun. Jumped back on the boat and there was a Swiss band playing and all these people dressed in national costume dancing. It was fantastic. We didn’t know where to look – out the window at the lake views or the people on the dance floor.
    Was saying hello to a cat when a copper from Perth came up to say hello - must have heard the accent. Can't take Graham anywhere.
    I have patted, talked to or commented on every cat and dog we have seen so far, and we have seen a lot. Graham just ignores me now.
    Switzerland travel tip: You really do need a travel pass when you are in Switzerland. It will save you a bundle and often time, not having to buy a ticket.
    Read more