Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 34

    Krakow Poland

    June 8, 2018 in Poland ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Said a sad auf wiedersehen to Switzerland and took a short flight to Poland. As Switzerland is expensive, Poland is cheap. Thank goodness. As I would be a shit busker.
    Krakow may not be as pretty as some of the other cities we have visited but it is vibrant and lively and has soul. Wandered around Old Town before taking a stroll down Horse Piss Alley (if you have been there you will know what I mean) into the main city square, which was full of bars, restaurants, markets, buskers and horse drawn carriages (see reference above).
    We sampled their many and varied vodkas - super smooth, and ate some fantastic local street food.
    We decided it would be a good idea to leave early as a) lots of English stag parties come to Krakow b) they weren't drunk yet c) neither was Graham, and d) if both were this would not end well.
    Oh and I must mention our apartment. It's on the third floor with no lift, so Graham had to lug the luggage up numerous flights of stairs. I helped. The stairs all bow in the middle when you walk on them and the tiles on the landings are all loose, but it is in a great location and has everything we need. Including a bar over the road playing loud music. All adds to the atmosphere.
    Read more