Satellite
  • Day 10

    Oslo, Norway

    September 16, 2018 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 11 °C

    Woke up at 3.30am today and left the hostel by 4.30am. We reached the airport, surrendered our rental car, got out tax refunds, chilled out a little and then boarded our flight to Oslo at 7.50am. We reached Oslo at around noon. It is 2 hours ahead in Oslo.

    We were picked up by a friend and then explored the city on foot for a bit. We saw the opera house which had a weird sort of modern architecture. People can actually walk on the roof. Unfortunately, its been raining so we didn't spend much time there.

    Then we took the subway and so the royal palace. Apparently its just the formal residence but the.royal family doesn't live there, well most of the time anyway.

    We hung out at a cafe by the harbour for a while. There is a custard bread with coconut shavings called skollebolle. Weird name but tastes great.

    Then we went to a restaurant called Frognerseteren up on a hill. It was pretty classy. There was supposed to be a view but because of rain and fog we couldn't see anything. Delicious food nonetheless.

    We stayed in Anker Hostel and it felt like a prison with its multiple fire doors and horrible wifi that restricted our connection with the rest of the world. Also bed linen isn't provided. You have to pay an extra NOK 20 for it.

    Anyway, flight back to KLIA tomorrow with a 3 hour transit at Bangkok. Luckily its at 2.15pm so no waking up early tomorrow.
    Read more