Satellit
  • Dag 22

    Eggishorn

    31. december 2018, Schweiz ⋅ ⛅ -3 °C

    Well it’s NYE and we are on top of the world! Another fantastic morning of skiing and even better now that Katrin, Nikko and his friend Ethan arrived last night. Louise had a brief go again today but seems skiing is not her thing, but it is for the boys! They can’t get enough of it.

    I had so much trouble getting them to stop for lunch but I really wanted to go up the next cable car to the top of the Eggishorn which is at about 9500ft. It was a perfect day but we did get a little cloud at the top. The Altesch glacier is amazing. I could have watched it all day. We had lunch in the little hut at the top but pretty pricey, particularly in Swiss francs. We had a good look around and watched some skiers take off from there down the side of the mountain. Philipp and Katrin went up a little later than us and skied down. They are both awesome skiers.

    Can I just mention how wonderful the Hotel Jungfrau is. The rooms are just basic but the beds we really comfy, clean and the food is great. But the real winner is the staff. The owner is here working from before brekky till late at night, and nothing is too much trouble. All the staff go out of their way for you regardless of how busy they are.

    We did see the Air Zermatt helicopters a few times today doing rescues and retrieval’s for people that had injured themselves on the slopes. What those guys can do is amazing.

    The afternoon consisted of more skiing from all three males and all really improved dramatically. Lochie would not stop and went right till they shut the t-bar. Then just about collapsed. Those legs were so tired he could barely walk.

    Tonight we have a special NYE dinner but first the guys are all in the bar at the teepee which you can see on the webcam. Apparently its the place to be.

    Happy New Year everyone!
    Læs mere