Satellite
  • Day 26

    Bettmeralp

    January 4, 2019 in Switzerland ⋅ ⛅ -7 °C

    Today was a picture perfect day yet again! After another superb brekky Katrina, Philipp, Nikko, Jonathan, Ethan, William and Lochie headed out on an adventure to ski across to the next village of Bettmeralp. Louise wanted to practise her skiing here so Vern stayed with her. I took the cable car to the valley, the train down 4 stops to Betten and then another cable car up to Bettmeralp, to meet them for lunch.

    Although it was the long way around it was very relaxing on my own and I really enjoyed the view on the train and then to enjoy another village.

    Bettmeralp is much larger than Fiescheralp with more restaurants, shops, Chemist and teller machines. Probably 4 or 5 times the size of Fiescheralp and therefore much busier. Absolutely spectacular scenery though. And maybe a bit more posh! For many reasons I think I preferred where we stayed.

    Kids did incredibly well on their big adventure with no complaints or cold fingers, just lots of great skiing according to Philipp and Katrin. We are so grateful to Philipp ad Katrin for all the time they have spent teaching our boys and taking them on ski runs that we could not.

    Lochie and Will say that skiing is right up there with going to Bali and maybe even better! I guess we will have to come back.
    Read more