Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 18

    Heading West toward the coast.

    12. helmikuuta 2023, Namibia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Once the sun was up we were wide awake, but it wasn't for the first time. In the early hours of the night, Anne went out for a quick toilet break. Upon her return, once she had reached the ladder back to our tent, she (and I!) was startled by a snort and a stomp, seemingly very nearby. She flew up the stairs, and while we always had a flashlight in the tent, we couldn't find it in that moment when we needed it most.

    As much as we strained our eyes, we could not make out what the large shadow was that we could make out not too far away. We heard the stomping of heavy hooves, and more snorting. It was surrounding us for more than an hour, and we were completely clueless as to what was "stalking" us.

    Once the sun was up, the mystery quickly got resolved. On a nearby hill we could clearly make out a small group of wild zebras! Reflecting on the sounds we heard, we concluded that it was likely a zebra that got intrigued by our nightly traipsing around.

    After doing some yoga and stretching, I got out the cooking gear and ended up cooking for the first time along our journey. Porridge with butter roasted apples and canned peaches as sweetener.

    After breakfast, we started the journey along the northern border of the Namib desert, toward the Atlantic coast. Next stop: Walvis Bay.
    Lue lisää