Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 38

    Tenting over the tea plantation

    March 4, 2023 in Rwanda

    We arrived at our accommodation just around sunset, and got to enjoy some great views over the hilly tea plantations. When we did the check-in, the receptionist (and general manager) gave us some information about the Nyungwe national park that I found very hard to believe and digest. Combined with the car breakdown, I could really feel that it really soured my mood and I ended up being quite grumpy in a way - an emotion I don't really observe in myself usually.

    It didn't really help that we had paid 75 USD for our accommodation for the night, and it ended up being a tent overlooking the parking lot and construction material storage. With the tent being in a rather shitty state, with broken zippers and moldy corners. But at least the beds placed in the tent were decently comfortable.

    The location was otherwise super picturesque, and we were glad that we managed to catch a few glimpses of it during sunset. We ordered some food for dinner and ordered it to be delivered to the campfire we then spent the last few hours at. Tomorrow we had an early start at around 06:30.
    Read more