Satellite
  • Day 14

    Day 13 - At Sea

    November 11, 2018, Celtic Sea ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    This is our final full day and we are both looking forward to going home. It's been a nice cruise without being outstanding.
    Weather is good with plenty of sunshine. Seas are calmer as we exit Biscay.
    Breakfast in the Palm and then to Neptune for talk on Sinking the Bismarck by Bob at 9 30am. We want a seat for the Remembrance Day Service at 10.45am. Spa treatments for both of us booked for 4.00pm.
    Yet another excellent presentation by Bob about sinking the Bismarck. Very well told. Stayed in Neptune for the Service.
    I have to say that it was not done very well. Under rehearsed, bad timings including the tannoy cutting in saying the same things being said in the Service. They also held Communion which extended the whole service by at least 20 mins. The last post should have been played but wasn't. A glaring error. The reverend taking it didn't give the audience directions hence half of us ended up standing whilst the other half sat down? Quite amusing but not right. I am also unsure why we sang not one but two verses of God Save the Queen. Oh well.
    Lunch in Avon and to Neptune to hear Jeff's last presentation, Bagels and Bacon 2nd Helpings at 2.00pm.
    Another very funny talk by Jeff covering his childhood experiences and family anecdotes.
    Went to look at the paintings and crafts created by the classes. Some very good paintings. Shame J didn't do her stuff and show them all up!
    Dinner in Palm for final time and then to Neptune.
    It was British night so they started with a good old British sing song which was good fun.
    Then the dancers and singers did a British themed song and dance which as usual was excellent. Finished with good old Land of Hope and Glory and everyone was waving flags and belting out the words. A good finish to our cruise.
    Up at 6.30am tomorrow, ugh!
    Read more